Saturday, August 16, 2008

Inspiration

I've spent this week out and about gathering research material for new pattern ranges and also just being inspired. Photos to come... On Tuesday I went to Henry Moore's house at Perry Green, Hertfordshire. It was so beautiful and inspiring. I took the small people and we walked all around the gardens and had a picnic, then went on the tour round the studios and gardens. Just fab, I really recommend this as a day out, it had everything! I'm going back to look round the house on my own!
On Wednesday I went to London with a friend. we had a good look round Liberty and Selfridges looking at the tableware to see what's selling and then we went to the V&A for a mooch round the 20th Century applied arts. The new jewellery room was rammed with children and grumpy adults but the shop was brilliant.

Today was the Festival of Quilts and we met Amy Butler! I'm all fired up with new ideas, shame both the kilns are out of order! Can't wait to get making the new work for Origin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home